Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) has been entered on February 4th, 2021 between Nepal English Language Teachers’ Association (NELTA) and Online World of Learning, LLC, a registered company in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, USA for the purpose of establishing and achieving various goals and objectives relating to professional development of English language teachers, researchers and other practitioners.
Established as a forum for English teaching professionals and professionals in the making, Nepal English Language Teachers’ Association (NELTA) strives to improve the quality of teaching and learning of English in Nepal. Working as a voluntary organization, NELTA serves its members in their professional growth through professional networking, support and collaboration.
Online World of Learning (also referred as OWL hereafter) is dedicated to providing affordable, accessible and effective learning opportunities. Its organizational goal is to bring talented and passionate educators together to create meaningful and practical learning opportunities. OWL strives to strengthen relationship with its collaborators by means of creating a world of learning.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Professional development programs This partnership aims to synergize efforts to bring out the best in professionals associated with both the organizations. NELTA and OWL will work together to
• provide continuing professional engagement and development
• create an intellectual space without boundaries
• exchange insights, experiences and passions
• expand the scope of learning for teachers
• collaborate on projects and publications for the education of the English language teaching and learning community
To this end, OWL would convene the following three online professional development programs:
1. International Mentorship & Professional Development in English Language Teaching (IMPDELT)
2. Special Interest Group: Applied Linguistics and Teaching of English in Nepal
3. Professional Excellence & Educational Leadership (PEEL)